With winter wrapping up once again, many residents are looking forward to the coming spring. The change of the season is the perfect time to evaluate the state of your house. Along with reviewing your Utah homeowners insurance, consider completing the list of household tasks below:
- Trim down tree limbs that are hanging over or touching the roof.
- Examine your attic carefully for signs of water damage. This could signal a leaky roof.
- Walk around the exterior of your home, making note of any damage you see on the roof or walls, such as cracks or missing shingles.
- Do not forget to give your gutters some attention. Clear away any debris that may have accumulated and make sure the downspouts are still in good enough shape to perform their job correctly, which is guiding rainwater away from the foundations.
- Call in a HVAC professional to perform any required maintenance on both the heating and cooling system, which you will need before you know it.
- Make sure all carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are in good working order.
Taking proper care of your house may help prevent damage from occurring. Of course, since unforeseen circumstances befall us all, it is good to know that your Utah homeowners insurance provider can help compensate you for the cost of necessary repairs if an insured event does occur.